Friday, August 1, 2008

Rising above the clouds

One of my favorite moments during the flight is rising above the clouds. Especially if the weather is gloomy, overcast sky's and then ....you rise above it all to see a bright sun bathing in the bluest sky you have ever seen. And then I am reminded of the fact that everything is relative and rising above it all makes your problems seem...well....small and insignificant.

I wish I remembered that today as I struggled to keep my brain from exploding with ideas of what to do with my business, my life, and my job. My head seemed to be tuned into at least 7 different channels all playing at the same time. It took me a while to "come down" and relax. I think I need to have reminders plasted everywhere I can turn that point out that this is just a "game" and to rise above it all, to look at situations without emotional attachment and then come to a simple obvious decision (which of course is right there in front of me hiding behind the thin self created vail).

So here's to rising above!

4 comments:

Mariya Gerstein said...

Qieting down worries often brings answers. When I went to Brazil to see John (healer), I found myself in a small empty room with no TV, radio or phone for 10 days. There were no distractions for any senses, as I had nowhere to go while John was resting or while I was asked by John to stay home and rest. White old walls, two beds (my sick mom and I), a closet. No noises. Sometimes a dog would bark lazily. Hours and hours by myself, totally left to my own thoughts and books that I brough with. It felt as if the world just dissapeared. And estra thoughtgs and worries left me too. Mind became so sharp, things so clear!
Allen, what if you were to take a day off and go somewhere where this is no stimulation of any kind, so you can be in a trance? I think it wil help your mind quite down and make more realizations faster.

Anonymous said...

Trig

I completely agree with Allan. Rising above clouds is an absolute blast. I have experienced it last weekend, when I visited my friend Alex. We were chilling at his loft, when he took out a sigar box. "I did not know you smoke sigars" I said. "I don't" he replied, and took out a glass pipe with some strange chewable tobacco looking stuff. He placed it on the end of the pipe, and lighted it. "Inhale" he said to me. "I don't think I should do this" I said, but countered with a sharp commanding voice "Dude, stop fukin around and inhale. You are wasting the shit, and it is expensive!". I had no choice, so I inhaled it. All of a sudden, I felt lightness creep all over my body, as if I started to float. Everything looked pale. The feeling intensified, and soon I found myself floating in a cloud like substance. Several pink elephants went by, holding each other by their trunks. I saw Allan's face formed by the cloud, and this familiar looking cloud tried to whisper something ... I did not care that I could not understand ... I kept floating ... and floating ... and floating ... everything was good ... everything was OK. I felt as if my life was complete. All the feelings of worrying, fear, greed - all dissapeared. Suddenly, I rose above the clouds and saw the sun ... a warm, soft light was hitting my face ... it was better than anything I experienced before. The strange thing, is that I kept rising above clouds over, and over, and over ... the feeling stayed with me till the end, when suddenly I found myself on the couch at Alex's place.

Unknown said...

Thanks Trig for that wonderful trip down your imagination highway. You are an excellent writer and I hope you will continue to lend your unique perspective to our growing community.

Anonymous said...

It have an absolute blast.You will find as if you are floating in a cloud like substance.Just enjoy the real nature by logging ontoDownload movie cloud souls.