Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Angels have a sense of humor...

I have heard that eating a big breakfast, reasonable lunch and a small dinner is a good way to eat. That way you burn off access calories throughout the day and don't pack on weight before going to bed. I thought I would give this a try....

Yesterday I grabbed some food and ate it in the car on the way to work. By lunch I was not hungry, which I was very happy about, and planned on just eating an apple. However by 1 PM my friend came by to go to lunch...I needed to run some chores and pick up food for a co-worker...so I agreed to go. When we got to the restaraunt I still wasn't in the mood for a large meal and was contemplating a salad when my eyes noticed a small thin crust pizza that looked delicious and very convincing. That became my "reasonable" lunch. In my mind I was convinced I would do a small dinner but at 7 I met a friend and he was hungry so we ate a big dinner. On the way home I promised not to eat anything more and promptly upon my arrival our babysitter came in with cherry cake which she "kindly" offered and I "couldn't" refuse. Needless to say I brushed it off as one of those days and promised to do better tomorrow...


Today I ate a big breakfast, wasn't hungry at lunch but my friend offered to go to Chipotle, which I love and had to go to. But I again told myself that dinner would be small. To my dismay, after work my wife was hungry and we went to a pancake house where I proceeded to eat one of my favorite fattening things...I could almost hear my angels laughing as they successfully seduced me with food. So starting tomorrow I won't have breakfast at all and hope to eat a salad for lunch...unless they come up with another irrisistable offer.

No comments: