Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I am a tree hugger....

Reading Sonia's book made me become more aware of nature. She talks about the "elementals" or nature spirits of the elements (water, fire, earth, and wind.) And I have tried to take her advices to heart. For instance I am teaching a class next to a city plaza with beautiful willow trees and a pretty waterfall. Ordinarily I would have walked past but now I stop and emerce myself in their beauty. I stood by the fall and immediately felt a rush of energy that was invigorating. I thanked the water spirits and asked them to cleanse me and imagined being in the water. It felt wonderful. Then I passed the lunch croud and went over to the large willow trees and as soon as I entered their domain I heard no more noise and felt calmness drape over me like a blanket. I stood on the ground and felt the energy from the earth rise up through my feet and even though others were looking I put my hand on the trunk and stood there quietly soaking it all in. What a refresher - nature is trully magnificent!

The air was an interesting story as well. I went outside the classroom into the lobby and sat down onto the couches awaiting a phone call. Immediately I felt the chill of the cold air blowing through the vents above me. I thought about changing the spot and tried others but felt the breeze. Then I suddenly felt a wave of warm air and continued to feel it (as well as the cold air from the vents) throughout my conversation. So I thanked the air spirits for making me comfortable.

God blessed us with so many wonderful dieties around us who are willing and ready to help in an instant shall we only ask and notice them. I will do my best from now on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Я уже давно не читал чегото более приторно-притворное чем выше написанное! Лэй офф драгс дууд!