Monday, March 9, 2009

As real as they come...

Yesterday, during the seminar on intuition, Mel Doerr (our wonderful intuitive) guided us on a meditation.  I relaxed my body, imagined a protective healing light all around me, and rose up into the ether.  My third eye started to pulsate, I was getting deeper into a trance like state and then I felt my right arm tingle.  It was as if my hairs were being gently brushed.  I have had shivers down my spine during meditation before but never anything like this.  This was very very real.  It was so real that for a moment I opened my eyes to see if something was indeed on my arm - but I saw no thing and continued.  Within a few minutes the feeling returned but intensified.  I was so excited about this new experience.  I remembered others talking about such sensations and they translated them as truth and knowing that the spirit was present.  I was elated to feel the tingling and was looking forward to something magnificent.  And then I decided to take another peek- and discovered a little ant crawling on my forearm.  I couldn't help but laugh and only respect for others around me who were meditating prevented me from doing it out loud.  I removed the ant and went back to my meditation. 

There are many ways for me to translate this experience.  A cynic in me wants to say that all physical sensations could be explained by physical reasons.  Another part of me screams out that an ant is a lesson not to get too high and to continue to be humble.  Yet another voice says that ants were there but only I felt it, and perhaps an ant is a message to me from spirit.  And in reality it all doesn't matter.  Rationalizations and explanations can never answer every question. I seek to experience and this was one that shook up my ant hill causing to wonder - what happens the next time around...

No comments: