Thursday, May 7, 2009

Here little birdie...here's the way...

While walking to work from the parking garage I opened the door to see a little bird. The bird was desperately trying to fly outside and was hitting the windows as it tried one after another to go through. I opened the door and said, "Here little birdie, here's the way". To my dismay no matter how I tried the bird wouldn't even look in my direction and kept on trying the windows. Finally, I held the door open by a garbage can and left...

As this was happening I thought...what a wonderful metaphor for life. We keep on claiming that nobody is there to help us, we look to God for answers and hear nothing. Where, in all likelyhood, there are so many all around us yelling at us and trying to get our attention because they are there to help and show the way...and we, like the little bird, don't notice and just keep knocking on windows that will never open.

Later that day my understanding was tested. I went downstairs to get lunch and thought, "wow, it is so nice outside, maybe I should walk to the other building and get food"...but decided against it. Then as I was getting food in the deli, I thought..."maybe I should take my food and eat outside by the lake as it is so nice...." but decided against it. As I got upstairs I saw my friends sitting by the elevator waiting, I asked them what they are doing for lunch and they said they are going to the park and that I should go with them. Then I finally got the point and understood that this is the 3rd time my guides are telling me to go outside. I went and had a wonderful time eating in the park enjoying the nature.

Thanks to all of my guides for sticking with me....please keep talking.

2 comments:

jsolomon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Thanks to all for responding. Sorry I haven't been here for a while. I am back to post.